1tbsp olive oil
1 red onion (diced)
3 cloves of garlic (crushed)
2 portabello mushrooms (sliced into strips)
2 peppers (sliced into strips)
250g halloumi (sliced into 1cm slices)
½tsp paprika/smoked paprika
½tsp cayenne pepper
1tsp smoked garlic powder
½tsp ground cumin
½tsp ground coriander
- In large frying pan/wok, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add cumin and lower heat. Cooking until cumin begins to pop.
- Add red onion and garlic and cook for 2 mins until onion has softened.
- Add spices and stir, coating the onion. Cook for 2 mins.
- Add mushrooms and peppers and stir ensuring all vegetables are covered in spices.
- Increase heat to medium, cover and cook for 20mins until peppers have softened, stir occasionally.
- Meanwhile, heat small frying pan over a high heat and fry halloumi. You want to cook both sides until they are golden brown.
- Cut cooked halloumi into strips. Add to vegetables and stir well. Remove from heat.
- Serve in tortilla wraps with all the trimmings!
I’M NACHO MAMA
I am currently getting into listening to The National…