Ah yes let me just tell you quickly, bare with me with the photos. Some times I go all out, and use the old mini SLR, and on such occasions I will have a plethora of pictures. But most of the time I just use my trusty iPhone to take a picture of the final outcome. Like so….
Recipe adapted from Woman and Home.
Serves: 12 (at least)
Prep time: 10-15 mins
Cooking time: 30-35 mins
Skill level: Easy Like a Sunday Morning
20 x 30cm cake tin (lined with baking parchment)
1 medium saucepan
100g* caster sugar
175g (about 7 tbsp) golden syrup
450g porridge oats
3 eating apples (peeled and chopped)
1-2 tsp cinnamon (depending on how much you like)
*the original recipe called for 225g of sugar, I always put less sugar in anything I bake
- Pre-heat oven to 180c/ / 160c (fan)/ gas 4. Chop and peel apple.
- Melt butter, caster sugar and golden syrup together in medium pan. Stir until sugar has dissolved.
- Remove from heat and stir in oats, chopped apple and cinnamon.
- Spread mixture in prepare tin.
- Bake for 30-35 mins or until golden brown.
- Leave to cool before turning out of tin.
- Cut into bars (or eat it straight out of the tin like I might have done)